The Battersea Seventh-day Adventist Church Community Ministries Department seeks to help members put Christian love into action in their local communities. The department follows the example of Jesus’ ministry by recognising the importance of meeting people’s practical and material needs, before addressing their spiritual needs.
The Community Ministries vision is to: Serve Him and Touch Lives
Our strategy is named the ‘Jesus Approach’:
- Jesus mingled with the people.
- He sympathised with them.
- He met their needs.
- He won their confidence.
- He then bade them, ‘Follow Me’.
Our ministry is concerned with;
- Identifying the social needs of the local community
- Supporting local communities through projects
- Assisting in times of crisis and working towards long term solutions
- Developing and maintaining relationships with community leaders which provide effective channels for mutual growth and action
- Facilitating the right and ability of children to attain their full potential
- Promoting and expanding the involvement of youth in community action
- Reflecting the character of Jesus through all activities